Howdy hi ho!! I have good news. I finished my first draft of Rum Runners!! My plan is to put it through one round of revisions and hopefully have it off to beta readers by May 1. It's doable. Totally. In the meantime, here's my reading list for March. Let me know what you've read!
21. Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr* Finally I am done with this series! I always feel like Melissa Marr's books involve a lot of talk and little action, though I really love all of her description. For those who have read the rest of the series, I do feel like the ending was a bit too convenient. I felt like, whoa, if that was possible then why go through ALL of this (4 books) to get to that point. I kind of wonder if I'm the only one who felt that way.
22. Legend by Marie Lu** Another slow starter, but somewhere around the middle I got so caught up in this one that I couldn't stop reading. If a book gives me chills then I have to give it 5 stars and this one definitely chilled me.
23. Wherever Nina Lies * Not AT ALL what I was expecting. I need to stop skimming cover blurbs because I really thought this was going to be a different sort of book than it turned out to be, and that sort of ruined the read for me. I did love the voice and I think if you don't go into it so blindly then readers can be prone to love it. I guess this was a case of totally MY fault that I didn't like as much as I could have.
24. How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr ** New favorite author alert!!! I loved this book so much. It felt so real and heartbreaking. I wanted to just take the characters and hug them to death. I can't wait to dive into some more books by this author.
25. Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan* I felt just a tiny bit out of place reading it because these characters are so far removed from my world. Though I LOVED the premise of a town/community/school that was so open to all different things.
27. Zombie Tag by Hannah Moskowitz Fun little read though the middle was too slow for my taste. Not enough action for a MG book about zombies, but my son is reading it so I guess he will be the deciding factor. Hannah does do MG boy voice very well though. I do hand it to her for that.
28. There Is No Dog by Meg Rosoff* FUNNY! Well, the beginning was. I wanted the characters to change more than they did (or maybe in a different way) so it was a bit of a disappointment. But still, the first few chapters are just hilarious.