So I was given this awesome award by two fellow bloggers, Naomi at Inkcrush and Ezmirelda at Dreamz of a YA writer, which is great because I love awards and well, I never get them so, thanks guys!!
My duties as award reciever:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award - DONE!
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Pass on to fifteen bloggers - well, I don't know if I can find fifteen and nearly everyone on AW has already gotten one, but I'll do my best.
Seven things about myself:
1. I'm a bit of a risk taker. I got married at the young age of 19, to a guy I had met online. Now this was back when the internet was just a baby, so stalkers weren't really a problem, and we've had a very successful marriage with three kids and lots of good times - so no worries there folks. But I'm sure that I gave my mother a heartattack when I told her I was spending the summer in Florida to be this guy whom I had only met in person once. If my daughter were to do that, ok, let's not go there....
2. To go along with the risk taking, I have a bit of an addictive personality. I latch onto things and become obsessed with them. For awhile it was scrapbooking, then it was gardening, then daytrading (which my husband put a stop to after I lost 5000$) and for the past two years it's been writing (hence my AW name, adktd2bks). I think I have far more chance of being successful with the writing than the daytrading - and less likely to lose my shirt.
3. I love Prince. I started listening to him when I was 11, and while I haven't latched on to his newer material, I really do love all of his older stuff. I saw him in concert once and hopefully will again some time soon. My favorite song: Get Off, and apparently John Green agrees with me (it was in Looking for Alaska).:)
4. I do have a day job - I'm a geneticist/ molecular biologist though I haven't been all that excited about my career lately.
5. The only food I really don't like is tomatoes. My husband is from Malaysia and he's really into ethnic foods and such, so I've tried a lot of everything. Oh, I guess I don't really like raw oysters either but that's not because of the taste. They're just too big and slimy so I always feel like I'm choking.
6. I saw Anne Rice's house!!! This was before the New Orleans flood and no, I didn't get to go inside, but I'm a big fan of hers so it was very interesting to see the setting of her Witching Hour series.
7. I love all the people on AW!!!! *big hugs to everyone*
Now to pass on this award:
1. Alissa Grosso, YA author who has given me lots of good book recommends.
2. Kate Hart because she always has such wonderful pictures on her blog.
3. Karla because she has such wonderful teasers.
4. Vee for taking the time to do a critique of my query, and she's an awesome newly-agented writer that you can learn lots from.
5. And Kara at Moomurs because I've recently discovered her blog and she's terribly cool.
Well, I think that's enough since the award has been making the rounds everywhere.
Thanks again guys!