Recent Posts

Monday, October 4, 2010

Revisions week!!

Trying to get a little organized here and really push myself into getting these revisions done. I wanted to start querying November 1st, but alas, I don't know if I'm going to get there. Life just... happens. I didn't think school starting up again was going to take so much of MY time, but it has. I look back on my own childhood and try to recall my parents doing homework with me, and frankly, I don't think it happened all that often. It's probably a sign of the times, school getting harder, parents helping their kids more, but dang it, it's exhausting! And then, something comes up like it did on Friday - yes, I got a job interview! I've spent all weekend reading this researcher's papers and preparing myself for what sort of questions he'll ask me. It's nerve wracking, and to be honest, I'm a little reluctant to even change jobs right now because I know it'll affect how much time I get to write. I know that it'll be the best thing for me in the long run, I just kind of wish it wasn't happening RIGHT NOW.

At any rate, I've decided to devote this week to revisions and I even got organized enough to make a schedule! Now that's impressive. *pats self on the back*

Monday - sorry, nothing about revisions today because I'll be biting my nails over the interview.
Tuesday - when to cut a character
Wednesday - guest blog from author Janice Hardy - she'll be talking about her revisions process and trust me, you'll want to check it out.
Thursday - evaluating a scene to determine if it's really needed
Friday - Beginnings and backstory - maybe.

After reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, I'm fighting the urge to do a long post (rant) about why you shouldn't try so hard to explain things in a dystopian world. But if you're interested to hear such a thing from a scientist's POV, let me know - it could be entertaining. :)

Also a quick reminder - this is the last day to enter my Banned book contest. Just comment on a banned book you read or a leave a link to a blog post or review that you did last week!!

ETA: My interview got rescheduled for Wednesday - Waaah.... two more days of nail biting. 

9 comments:

Cheyanne said...

Good luck with your revisions!

And the Uglies book just never appealed to me, like, ever.

Jennie Bailey said...

Good luck with your interview. If only life happened when we thought it was convenient, right? Fingers crossed for you that whatever was meant to be, will be. Cliche, but that's always how I hope things work out for me. Sometimes what I want isn't always what I need.

Happy revising!

Joann Swanson said...

CONGRATS on the interview! I hope it all works out just as you want it. Good luck with it and your revisions!

Melanie said...

Best of luck Angie, you know I'm routin' (rootin' ?) for you girl! And I hope you get all the revisions done so you can start querying that kick ass story you got that I wants to own a signed hard copy of :-)

Amie Borst said...

oh i'm working on revisions too. we're in this together!

Nomes said...

yay for your interview! :) I know you will do great. and cant wait for you to start querying Nikki's Wish - it's going to shine out there!

xx

Angie said...

Thanks all for the encouragement. :)

Angelica R. Jackson said...

I'm in revision land starting this week, too, and I've just finished the easy fixes. Now I'll have to tackle the big things, sigh.

Good luck on the job interview, I'll cross my fingers for you--or is that too much of an unscientific thing to do?

Angie said...

Angela - well, yes it probably is, but I'm very superstitious, so cross away. :)

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails