Monday, July 19, 2010
Posted by Angie
1. Wave it over my manuscript, thus completing four weeks of edits/revisions in the blink of an eye.
2. Cast a spell on all agents so they would come begging for my mani - thus killing the need for a query letter.
3. As long as I've got the agents eating out of the palm of my hand, might as well make all those publishers smitten too.
4. Last but not least, come up with the most brilliant sequel ever - you know, just in case they want to do a multi-book deal.
Actually, I'm not one to dream about winning the lottery - the end product just isn't as satisfying if you don't kill yourself in the process. I'm just wading through the land of headachey edits right now, and I'm getting a little frustrated by my lack of creativity. It could also be that I just read some awesome books and I'm having a little bit of "I wish I could write like that" syndrome. Regardless, here is my wimpy list of accomplishments for the past week.
- I re-wrote three scenes, thus down playing one characteer and hopefully adding more tension before the big build up. *fingers crossed here*
- I edited about 50 pages since my last update and now have about 100 left to go.
- did a couple book reviews - (look under my reviews tab) Yay for blogging - darn addictive stuff!!
And....that's it. Oh, but I forgot to mention, I had the fun experience of going without electricity for nearly 24 hours. Can anyone say computer withdrawal???Yep, I was lost, but thank the work gods that the U has a back up generator. Yes Angie, there are perks to working for the government.
So how about you? If you had a magic wand what would you do with it? Any progress made this week? Any good reads you'd like to share?