So my husband bought an ipad about 3 weeks ago, and I thought that I'd share my observations thus far (and give each points for yay or nay):
1. Awesome for reading EPUB books checked out from the library. +5 pts
2. Great for getting my son more interested in reading. He likes anything electronic. +10 pts
3. Sucks cuz I can't take it to the pool. -5 pts
4. My three year old has become addicted to smashing watermelons in the game he calls fruit smash. = BAD!! -3 pts
5. Equally BAD, a game where the three year old can smash bugs - guts included. -3 pts
6. I'm constantly worried when my sons set it on their lap without anything between the machine and their um... privates. Explaining to a 3 yr old that he has to protect his pee-pee is strange. Reminding the 9 year old is just plain awkward. -3
7. My two sons and daughter fight over it constantly and would rather watch a movie on it, crowded together on the couch, than spread out in front of the tv. +2 pts for togetherness.
8. Because of 2,4,5 and 6, I never get to use it until they go to bed. -5 pts
9. Cat's hair sticks to it. -1
10. Overall sleek look, design, cool-ness factor. +3
Overall grade: zero.
Yep, I think I could have done without it. I do like it for reading library books, but I never really get the chance with the kiddies snagging it all the time. Plus, I think I still love my paper and ink better. :)
Do you have an ipad or other reading device? What's your verdict? It's okay, I won't hold it against you either way.