Recent Posts

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Post Christmas blurb

Well, Christmas is over and although there was a mini-blizzard outside (12 inches), I feel like I have a mini hurricane inside my house. Toys - all over the floor. Dishes- all over the counter. The clean up crew went on vacation (were they ever not on vacation?) and now it's time to get back to work. Yes, my kids will be cleaning, cleaning today. They got lots of cool stuff, but it still amazes me how its the little, cheap things that hold their interest. For my daughter, it was her 1$ white erase board with the Disney Princesses on it. For my toddler, it was his 8$ Brown Bear book. He's so cute - he walks around the house holding the book up so everyone can see and recites the whole story. Did I mention he's only two? Well, I knew there had to be one avid reader in the family. My older son actually got really involved with one of his more expensive gifts. We got him a Snap Circuits set where he gets to make cool things by setting up different circuits to a battery. There's a fan, a light, music that plays when you clap. It's probably one of the best educational toys I've bought. The only problem is that now I feel like I have to dig out my old physics book to explain to him what current and resistance are. I was never very good with that kind of stuff. Sometime today I'll probably head over to Target and see what cheap things I can scramble up in their after the holidays sale. I did manage to read a book yesterday, The House of the Scorpion, which was very good. I think I'll have to go on a book shopping spree in January. I have lots of books on my list and the library just doesn't keep what I want on hand.

Well, that's my after the holidays blurb. Hope everyone had a jolly good time with their friends and family and that you're thinking about your New Year's resolutions. Cheers!

0 comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails