Recent Posts

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Road trip Wednesday - book covers

This is my first Road Trip Wednesday, which is a fun little blog carnival hosted by the awesome people over at YA highway. The question this week is what are your favorite book covers? I have to admit that I cheated a bit here and snipped off the covers of some books that I haven't read yet (though I plan to), but I think it's mostly the artistic merit we're interested in here.




1. Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. The image here is just too symbolic and beautiful. I can't wait to read this one.





2. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.  I love the creepy factor in this cover, but I especially love the swirly print. What can I say? I'm one of those people who liked to doodle, dotting their i's with hearts and practicing their bubble letters.








3. Eyes like Stars by Lisa Mantchev. I love the curvy lines in this. The angle of the girl's face, her hair, her back and then it's all accentuated by the little fairies floating around her.











4. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Bare abs and biceps with tattoos. 'nuf said.










5. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. This is actually an older cover for this book since it's been reprinted so many times.  I especially love the way the leaves are turned into closed lips.


4 comments:

Kirsten Hubbard said...

I've always thought Speak was absolutely perfect :)

Kristin Halbrook said...

Good covers. I'd forgotten about Eyes Like Stars - love that one.

bclement412 said...

Ooh I love Speak and Hush,Hush (but you could have guessed that, right?) ;)

Amna said...

Great covers!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails